Estimation with Decimals Study Page
Use the menu below to learn, practice, and master the skills you need to Estimation with Decimals!
"Captain, we will arrive at the planet in one hour, thirty three minutes, 14 seconds".|
Commander Data of "Star Trek the Next Generation" wanted to become human. One thing
he will need to learn is that we estimate figures
much more often than we use exact numbers.
Today's **extension will help you to understand estimating expenses.
There will be no need to not have enough money at the register again!
Click this link to return to the Decimals General Studies Page.
|Estimate by Rounding
||Estimate using Compatible Numbers
|26.95 + 1.35; tenths
||68.7 ÷ 7.6
|27.0 + 1.4
||Call the 7.6 ... 8
||64 and 8 are compatible!
||68.7 ÷ 7.6 is about 8!
Quick Warm Up - Get Started with a quick review.
The Learning Center has Lessons, Guided Practices and easy practice activities to help you master every skill!
- The PowerPoint styled lessons show you how to do each skill.
- Guided Practices offer you a chance to solve a problem - then see the solution!
- Easy Practices are matching or other simple assignments to give you an opportunity to practice.
Why take a quiz or test in class without already knowing that you will pass?
- Try the practice quizzes and tests to help you know your areas of weakness - then improve!
- You can click "try again" and get a whole new test on each skill!
Why not get some "Extra Credit" for your efforts?
- You can have your practice results emailed to your home!
- Challenge your friends and see who suffers from the "called to the board quakes and shakes"!
- Click Here and you will be taken to the Score Reporting version of Math6.org!