Equations with Integers Study Page
Use the menu below to learn, practice and master this skill.
Today's **extension will give you a matching exercise to balance the left and right sides of an equation.
Click this link to return to the Integers Studies Page.
|Solving equations with integers uses the same process|
as the other algebra that you have studied.
1. Simplify the equation (if possible)
2. Use inverse operations to get the variable alone.
3. Check with substitution.
|3n - 4 = -16|
3n = -12
3n ÷ 3 = -12 ÷ 3
n = -4
3 * (-4) - 4 = -16
-12 - 4 = -16
-12 + -4 = -16
-16 = -16
Warm Ups - Get Started with a vocabulary matching practice and quick review.
The Learning Center has Lessons, Guided Practices and easy practice activities to help you master every skill!
- The PowerPoint styled lessons show you how to do each skill.
- Guided Practices offer you a chance to solve a problem - then see the solution!
- Easy Practices are matching or other simple assignments to give you an opportunity to practice.
Why take a quiz or test in class without already knowing that you will pass?
- Try the practice quizzes and tests to help you know your areas of weakness -
- You can click "try again" and get a whole new test on each skill!
Why not get some "Extra Credit" for your efforts?
- You can have your practice results emailed to your home!
- Challenge your friends and see who suffers from the "called to the board quakes and shakes"!
- Click Here and you will be taken to the Score Reporting version of Math6.org!